Monday, February 25, 2013

The finished product of hard work & determination

Well it is my great pleasure to share with you the finished product of many hours of hard work. My finished crochet blanket for my nephew who is due in just under 12 weeks.

The final product!

It was my goal to be finished this project before I went back to uni and before the baby actually got here. I think that I have done exceptionally well for my first attempt at crochet. I have such a big feeling of pride when I look at what I accomplished using my own hands and some wool I got on sale. This blanket will hopefully be a god-send when the weather gets cooler for the little guy. 

And if I'm really lucky I may well get it back when it is my turn around to have children. Thats the beauty of things like this blanket. They are eternal. If you have made something well and with quality materials and you look after it, there isn't much reason why this blanket can't become a family heirloom.

Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself calling it a heirloom, but you never know. I would be extremely proud and grateful to be given this back in a few years when I have children, and you can bet that i'll be telling them that I was the one who lovingly made it. 

Does anyone else get such feelings of pride when they have accomplished a project that they set themselves? Whether it's making something like a blanket, or maybe mastering a new recipe? 

Now I can wrap this up in newspaper, tie it with a bit of string and give it to my sister this weekend. I can't wait to see the look on her face when she opens it up. These kind of presents are the best, they might not be the most expensive but when you see the love that has gone into them it really does make your day. 

I really can't think of a better present than something a friend or family member has handmade especially for me. 

I hope you have an uplifting day!

No comments:

Post a Comment