Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Do something and give.

Image Credit: rundlemall

Currently in Australia 1 in 3 people need blood. This is their only lifeline however we only have enough blood to meet requirements for a week. In a disaster we would not have the stores of blood needed to meet requirements.

This chilling fact is why I implore you to make a difference and donate your time and blood at an Australian Red Cross donation centre. You can check out their website for locations.

I am very lucky to have the "blood van" as its called come to the university every session. This makes donating simple and I don't have to make any great effort. But I understand this isn't the case for most people.

I have also gone on my own to donate my plasma at one of the donation centres. So I appreciate that going out of the way to donate isn't convenient for some people.

I just always think that what if I needed blood and the supplies weren't there!

So please help to make a difference and increase our stores of blood by donating today.

Have an uplifting day

No comments:

Post a Comment