Thursday, May 2, 2013

Jumping on the apple cider vinegar wagon

Hi all

Everyone by now has probably heard of apple cider vinegar & all the amazing things that accompany it. Well I'm going to tell you about why I am using it & how I think it impacts the way I feel everyday in a positive way.

Now I am always one of the first to jump on the bandwagon of anything slightly off centre that is suppose to have health benefits. My pantry is filled with different concoctions & herbs for cleansing, detoxifying, giving more energy... pretty much anything that I feel will help me live a better life.

And it was a while ago that I was suggested to try apple cider vinegar for increased cleansing.

Just quickly I'll tell you a little bit about what apple cider vinegar is.
It helps in your body to "buffer" your internal pH. Our bodies are always wanting to be at equilibrium, which is when they can most efficiently run & we are less likely to fall ill. With our diets comprising of so much heavily processed foods, it is very common for our body pH to be off balance and apple cider vinegar can correct this.

This is the brand that I buy. 

When buying a bottle try to go for an organic one which has "the mother" intact. This is the cloudy looking stuff in the bottle & is where the most concentrated benefits lie.

The reason I started drinking apple cider vinegar with warm water in the morning was to start my liver detoxifying & to enhance my natural cleansing process.

I suffered from troublesome skin (rashes, occasional pimples) & wanted to have clear skin. So I gave it a go.

It was hard to swallow at first- I guess I just wasn't prepared for how vinegary it tasted. But trust me you start to get used to it & now I find I actually enjoy the taste. Kinda like eating some salt & vinegar chips!

Anyway it has done tremendous things for my skin & my energy levels. I feel lighter when I have it in the morning & throughout the day I feel like I have more stabilised blood sugar levels- I don't find myself suddenly crashing after lunch time anymore.

So I extremely recommend giving it a go. It also has the ability to make your hair shiny too. Just mix in an old shampoo bottle 1/2 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar with 1 cup water & pour through hair once shampooed. I suggest doing this a few times a week.

NOTE: Don't under any circumstance take apple cider vinegar on its own. Always dilute it with water as it is an acid and may cause problems in your throat if not diluted.

So have a try & I hope it makes you feel as good as it does me.

No comments:

Post a Comment